I have been in Private General Practice in Northwood since 2001, having previously worked in the NHS as a Consultant Physician in Emergency Medicine, at Queen Mary's University Hospital Roehampton and The Hillingdon Hospital. I was an Honorary Clinical Tutor for the Charing Cross Hospital Medical School.
I also work at the Centennial Medical Clinic at Elstree
Northwood working hours: Monday-Friday 9.00am-12.30pm
Elstree working hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday afternoons 4.00pm-6.30pm
I am on the GMC Specialist Register in Emergency Medicine
I have passed all my annual medical appraisals and my patient satisfaction questionnaires consistently score very
It is my aim to provide medical excellence in a courteous and friendly environment, where your safety and satisfaction are of primary importance.
You will always be able to see me on the same day that you call
I trained at The Middlesex Hospital Medical School and qualified in 1981.
I am a Member of the Royal College of Physicians
I am a Fellow of the Faculty of Emergency Medicine
I am on the General Medical Council's Specialist Register as a Consultant in Emergency Medicine. My GMC number is 2701114
I am fully registered with The Medical Defence Union
My practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission,
I provide a full range of healthcare, including:
- Acute and ongoing care for patients of all ages
- A walk-in and appointment service every weekday
- Well Person Medical Examinations and Health Screening
- Flu vaccine
- Travel Vaccinations and Children's Vaccines (including anti-cervical cancer vaccine)
- Medicolegal reports
- Annual one-dose steroid injection for Hay Fever - £60
- Meningitis B vaccine is now available. The cost is £320 per course, inclusive of administration. Children over 6 months require 2 vaccines, 2 months apart
- Chicken Pox Vaccine (£160 for a course of 2 injections), 1 month apart) are available
My practice is on the second floor. Patients whose mobility makes a walk up 2 flights of stairs difficult will always be offered a home visit at no extra charge. In fact, home visits are offered to anyone who wishes it.
My consultation with you will be unhurried and I will give you as much time as you need for any problem you might wish to discuss. Repeat prescriptions are given without charge. I also make no charge for filling out claim forms.
Fees are from £110 for a consultation. Blood tests, ECGs and other investigations are in addition to this. I do not charge a fee for telephone consultations, repeat prescriptions, travel cancellation claims or insurance claim forms.
I am contactable by phone. An excellent locum service covers night problems; you will be given the number of my locum service if you call my mobile number at night.
I have special interests in:
- Medical Emergencies
- Hypertension (raised blood pressure) especially resistant 'problem' cases
- Preventive Management of Cardiovascular and Cholesterol-related problems
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Minor Surgical Procedures, painless freezing treatment for skin lesions and verrucas
- Wound Management
- Sports injuries
- Joint Injection for Acute Inflammatory shoulder and knee disorders
- Annual Hay Fever Injection
- I am said to being able to give injections and take blood tests virtually painlessly, and for children and I offer you a local anaesthetic numbing cream, applied to your skin an hour before the procedure, and this helps too.
Results of blood tests, X-rays, CT/MRI/Ultrasound scans etc will be telephoned to you as soon as they are received - most blood test results will be available within 24 hours.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me.
mobile 07500 801930
You are welcome to call or email me for any help.